Blueberry Apple Crumble Collagen Bars
Posted December 2020
The dreamiest BLUEBERRY APPLE CRUMBLE COLLAGEN BARS are here! These healthy crumb bars have a oatmeal cookie like crust, are filled with with juicy blueberries and boosted with Premium Collagen Peptides which also contain Vitamin C and Biotin to support collagen production and build skin and hair cells. They’re low in sugar, oil-free and make the ultimate dessert recipe the whole family will love!
1/3 cup nut butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 scoop unflavoured Premium Collagen Peptides
1 tsp vanilla
1 1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup cold water
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup diced apple
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1. preheat oven to 180/ 350 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper and grease well.
2. mix together the nut butter, maple syrup, oat flour, oats, collagen, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the water to form a dough (use your hands for this!)
3. spread 2/3 of the dough into the baking dish and set aside the remaining “crumbs” for later.
4. in another bowl, roughly mash the blueberries with a fork and mix with the apple and tapioca flour until the consistency is more liquid-y.
5. evenly spread the fruit layer onto of the base, sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
6. bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden.
7. cool before slicing.
Caitlin Rule is an accredited nutritionist living on the sunny northern beaches of Sydney. Caitlin is passionate about clarifying the misinformation on nutrition, promoting healthy lifestyle change, and helping others create positive relationships with food. Caitlin believes we are inundated with complicated health information and it is her mission to simplify what eating healthy means.