Healthy Cinnamon Donuts
Posted August 2022
There's nothing more fulfilling than a fresh, warm cinnamon donut on a Sunday morning. What's better? A healthy, gluten free and no added sugar cinnamon donut with the added benefits of Premium Collagen Peptides that support healthy hair, skin and nails!
These delicious, classic hits are baked, not fried which means less fat and a quick and easy clean up. It's a WIN WIN!
Gluten Free | No Added Sugar | High Protein
1 cup (250g) apple sauce
2 cups (200g) almond meal
2 scoops unflavoured collagen
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon sugar coating:
Coconut oil or olive oil spray, to coat
2/3 cup monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160C (fan forced) and grease a donut pan with oil spray.
- Add everything to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy with no clumps
- Spoon batter into a 12 hole donut pan then bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until ready (stick a toothpick in to check)
- Allow the donuts to cool for a few then gently remove ( quickly flip the donut tray upside down and gently tap to get them out
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl.
- Quickly spray each donut in oil then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and enjoy.