What to Expect before and after Collagen (4 Results Backed with Customer Photos)
Posted October 2023
Dewy skin! Strong nails! A balanced gut microbiome!
Hearing about hydrolyzed collagen peptide supplementation's beauty and health benefits can leave you feeling intrigued and hopeful but also deeply skeptical.
We get it. So, in the spirit of addressing your reservations, this article:
- Breaks down the exact mechanisms behind collagen peptides' physiological benefits and
- Showcases before and after collagen pictures from our customers — because you know what they say, you have to see it to believe it
#1: Thick, luscious hair
Collagen peptides promote healthy hair growth via 3 primary mechanisms:
- Provide the necessary building blocks for hair growth: Collagen peptides contain an amino acid called proline, which happens to be the main component of keratin — the protein that helps form your hair (and nails, but we’ll talk about that in a bit).
- Fights free radical damage to hair follicles: Excessive levels of free radicals (thanks to exposure to environmental stressors like UV rays) result in oxidative stress, which can damage your hair follicles. Fortunately, collagen peptides are potent antioxidants that can neutralize harmful free radicals. This protects your hair follicles and paves the way for healthier, swish-worthy tresses.
- Supports scalp health: Speaking of hair follicles, guess what houses them? Yep. Your scalp. By increasing the number and activity of collagen-producing fibroblasts, collagen peptides help “bulk up” the scalp’s thickness, improving its ability to grow hair follicles and nourish new ones.
Customers previously struggling with postpartum hair loss have also seen incredible results with our Premium Collagen Peptides.
#2: Strong, shiny nails
Hydrolyzed collagen peptides give you gorgeous-looking nails by:
- Improving the delivery of nutrients to the nail roots: Collagen peptides contain the amino acid arginine, which carries nutrients like nitric oxide through the capillaries and into the nailbed — helping nails grow strong, healthy, and shiny.
- Providing the necessary building blocks for nail growth: Remember what we said about proline-rich collagen peptides? Yep, they give your body what it needs to make keratin, the protein that makes up your nails.
- Fighting free radical damage to nail keratins (i.e., fingernails): Oxidative damage could affect your fingernails, too, resulting in unwanted breaks, splits, and ridges. Once again, collagen peptides save the day with their potent antioxidant effects, helping your nails look and feel their best.
Wondering just how shiny your nails could get? Look at Hailey’s before and after collagen nail transformation in just 6 weeks!
#3: Radiant, plump skin
When it comes to the skin, most people think hydrolyzed collagen peptides only plump and hydrate the skin by:
- Increasing the number and activity of collagen- and elastin-producing fibroblasts and
- Pulling moisture from the environment to the upper layers of the skin via hyaluronic acid
While those are indeed things collagen peptides do for the skin, that's not the complete picture.
Turns out, collagen supplements could also help tackle acne and fade hyperpigmentation scars for an even-looking complexion by:
- Exerting inflammatory effects (because acne, regardless of what skin type you have, essentially results from inflammation) and
- Reducing your skin’s rate of melanin — because of its antioxidant properties — and thus helping calm post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
#4: Balanced, healthy gut microbiome
It’s now clear that a healthy gut isn’t just important for optimal digestion.
Given its connection to so many different systems in the body — e.g., the central nervous system (CNS), immune system, and the integumentary system (a fancy schmancy way of saying your body’s outer layer) — it’s safe to say a happy gut is vital to overall health.
Without diving too deep into gut anatomy, the most important thing you need to know is that collagen gives your digestive tract the elasticity it requires to function optimally.
And that may lead to positive downstream effects on gut lining health and, in turn, the amount of "good" gut bacteria you have.
Research shows collagen peptides may also help relieve uncomfortable gastrointestinal symptoms associated with IBS and various gut-related autoimmune diseases, such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Um, OK, this is awkward, but we (understandably) don't have any before and after collagen gut health transformation pictures to show you.
What we do have, however, are reviews from 2 moms, Karryn and Claire, on how our Premium Collagen Peptides have helped improve their gut health. Here are the snippets of what they said about gut health specifically:
- Catherine S: “Life Changing. I’ve never looked back since I started taking this... it helps so many things but especially my gut health ! Do it - you won’t regret it”
- Steph L: “My Gut thanks you! After suffering with leaky gut syndrome and other issues, I decided to commence my Collagen journey... THE BEST DECISION! My gut has never been happier/healthier. And my hair is even shinier, lusher and strong.”
Ready for your before and after collagen transformation?
We can’t wait to hear about (and feature!) your before and after collagen transformation pictures. So, here’s the link to our widely raved Premium Collagen Peptides. And for those on a pescatarian diet, our Beauty Marine Collagen’s got you covered!